Monday, August 23, 2010

Countdown is on


It had been awhile since Viki and I enjoyed dinner together. After seeing each other at my boyfriend's welcome home party we quickly arranged something shortly the week after. As the description suggests; Viki is leaving me for la belle Provence.. Quebec. And to be more exact, the lovely city of Montreal. Why does Montreal keep stealing my friends!? So dinner plans & times spent before she leaves will be plentiful.

This very first post is coming in a little late, only because we thought of making a blog after this dinner. Although we're looking to the past in the first entry, from here on out all posts made will be more current.
August 19th
Today's Menu:
  • Wolf Blass Chardonnay
  • Artichoke & Olive Crustini
  • Tomato Green Bean Salad
  • Brown Butter Buttermilk Nectarine Cake
(these 3 recipes can be found at http://smittenkitchen.com)

Viki and I LOVE Olives. Accompanied by wine is all the better! The tapanade was AMAZING. and so simple!

Just blend the following;
  • Add 1 cup of green olives.
  • table spoon of olive oil
  • table spoon of capers
  • 1 clove of garlic (optional)
  • and 1 can of artichoke hearts
  • salt and pepper to taste (optional)













For the green bean cherry tomato salad we;
  • sliced cherry tomatoes in half
  • dead head the beans




























Vinaigrette consisted of;
minced 1 shallot
  • red wine vinegar
  • olive oil
  • garlic
  • sea salt
  • basil
This salad was so fresh and summery. I could eat it until thanksgiving. And I plan on eating it tonight! and hopefully I can contain myself to not eat it all so I'll have it for lunch the next day!

The cake was a pretty fantastic end to a fantastic night <3






















All photos by Viki Bristowe Viki Bristowe Photography

2 comments:

  1. YUM! this is cute jenn, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alexis :) Maybe you will make an appearance on it someday! xo

    ReplyDelete