Monday, August 23, 2010

Grandma Guy's Energized Banana Loaf of Awesome!

A dear friend of mine passed along this recipe to me some six months ago, as I had been searching for a good banana bread recipe. And it is glorious. So easy that I make changes every time I bake it. I also triple the recipe (baking for me is done in bulk), making enough to have that same banana bread every morning for a month. Breakfast consists of a decent sized piece of bread coupled with plain yogurt and berries. Om nom nom.



Grandma Guy's Energized Banana Loaf of Awesome!

Standard recipe x 3:

3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup butter
6 eggs
4.5 cups flour
3 tsp baking soda
7 mashed bananas

Additions:

Lots of walnuts.
2 tbsp (or more) cinnamon
2 tsp (or more) vanilla
2 tbsp (or more) pumpkin puree

I often put less mashed bananas and instead a decent amount of pumpkin puree. I play around with it. Just so long as it has the right consistency to bake.

Bake at 400* roughly until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment